Oak Hill offers patients battling cancer and their families a source of strength, care, support and hope. We take pride in providing compassionate personalized care for patients with cancer, and are committed to remaining current with the latest in treatments and technology to serve our patients.
Oak Hill Hospital is an American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer approved Community Hospital Cancer Program. We provide two major treatment options for cancer -- surgery and chemotherapy -- as well as a wide range of other clinical and support services. Our hospital utilizes a multidisciplinary team approach to provide quality cancer care for our patients and their families.
Our team consists of physicians and other healthcare professionals involved in cancer care including diagnostic imaging, medical oncology, surgery, and pathology.
Patient Centered CANCER Care
At Oak Hill, you're more than a patient. You're a one-of-a-kind person with a one-of-a-kind story. That's why we're committed to patient-centered cancer care that respects your unique preferences, values and needs.
- Medical Oncology
- Pain Management
- Hospice Care
- Discharge Planning
- Cancer Registry
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Social Services
- Nutritional Support
- Religious Support
- Support Groups
- Cancer Education
- Lung Cancer Screening
Oak Hill Hospital's Cancer Registry
Oak Hill Hospital's Cancer Institute participates in a statewide program to improve the quality of cancer detection and care. Oak Hill Hospital maintains a Cancer Registry, as required by state law, which tracks causes, diagnosis and treatment of cancer and certain blood disorders. Information about each new patient diagnosed at Oak Hill Hospital is sent to the Florida Cancer Data System, where it is combined with data from all other cancer patients in Florida and studied to find ways of improving cancer care.
View Oak Hill Hospital's 2011 Annual Cancer Report.
University of Florida/ Shands Healthcare Affiliation
The affiliation between the University of Florida/Shands HealthCare and Oak Hill Hospital is focused on enhancing cancer services delivered in the Spring Hill area. The relationship includes a variety of continuing medical education opportunities as well as access to clinical trials.
- Learn about the UF & Shands affiliation with Oak Hill Hospital
To learn more, call (352) 596-6632 in Hernando or (352) 628-6441 in Citrus.
American Cancer Society's Registry & Local Services
- Register with the American Cancer Society's (ACS) Cancer Resource Network.
- Receive valuable information that will help during your cancer experience.
- Complete this form
- Click the "Submit by Email" button at the top right of the document or fax to 1-800-578-9674
- You will receive, by mail, a patient packet with information specific to your requests noted on the form.
- This packet may include programs and services available through your local ACS, as requested, and will include information on your specific diagnosis noted on the form.
- Local ACS team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org.
- More than 65,000 resources are available through the ACS patient registration/cancer network.
- Below are some of the many local services available.
- You can type/or hand write specific service requests on the registration form.
- Patients or care givers can call 1-800-227-2345 to make arrangements for signature services like "Road To Recovery" - a free transportation service to and from treatment - or "Look Good Feel Better."
Hernando County Cancer Resource Room
ACS volunteers will help fit you for NEW, FREE:
- Wigs (upon availability)
- Other resource information and educational materials are available.
Hernando County Location:
Pinebrook Medical Center
14540 Cortez Blvd. Ste. 203
Hours of Operation*:
- Tuesdays 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Wednesdays 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Walk-in's welcome
*Current as of 10/01/2014
Look Good Feel Better
- Teaches women in active cancer treatment ways to deal with the appearance-related side effects of treatment.
- Offered jointly by the American Cancer Society, Personal Care Products Council Foundation and the National Cosmetology Association.
Hernando County Location:
Florida Cancer Specialist- Spring Hill
11063 County Line Road
Spring Hill, FL 34609
For more information or to register, please call 1-800-227-2345.
Road To Recovery - Transportation To Your Appointment
- Need help getting to your next cancer or treatment appointment?
- ACS volunteers provide ground transportation to those in need (dependent on volunteer driver availability).
For more information or to request a ride, call 1-800-227-2345.